What we do
The Safe Space Alliance is a LGBTQI+ led non-profit organisation that aims to help people identify, navigate, and create safe spaces for the LGBTQI+ community worldwide.
We help people identify safe spaces
- We work with the LGBTQI+ community to identify and verify safe spaces around the world. Safe spaces may be physical or online spaces.
- We list verified safe spaces on our directory and map to help people identify and support safe spaces.
We help people navigate safe spaces
- We help educate people about safe spaces by providing direct information and/or connecting people with local LGBTQI+ community organisations where possible.
- We offer guidance on how to develop and/or improve safe space training material.
- We offer guidance on how to improve safe spaces.
We help people create safe spaces
- We provide guidance on how to create safe spaces by providing direct information and/or connecting people with local LGBTQI+ community organisations where possible.
- We provide free safe space signage and collateral on request.
- We are particularly interested in helping to develop safe space networks in areas of the world where the LGBTQI+ community has few or no rights.
- We help people connect with and support local LGBTQI+ community organisations.
- We help safe spaces connect with each other and share information.
- We collaborate with the LGBTQI+ community (individuals and organisations) on safe space related and other initiatives.
- We conduct ongoing research into best practice around the development of safe spaces for the LGBTQI+ community.